Meet Super Trooper – finalists of Selectia Nationala in Romania!
Super Trooper are Vlad Alecu, Darya Lupescu, Tudor Man, Andra Lupu, Pavel Petricenco, Andreea Vatavu, Tanasoiu Liviu. Their song “Secret Place” has been selected to take part in Selectia Nationala, and thus compete for the Romanian ticket for the Eurovision Song Contest 2015!
Super Trooper have recorded a video message especially for the readers of ESCBubble. Check it out right here:
And here is everything they told us about their career, their entry in the Romanian national selection, as well as their Eurovision favourites:
- Hello guys and girls! Thank you very much for taking your time out for talking to us! For the start, can you tell us a little bit about yourselves?
Hi, we are Super Trooper, the band that brings back the disco fever into our days. We are the only ones to combine music, choreography and our funky spirit to promote the disco era. We are a great combination of 3 crazy girls, 3 groovy boys and one cool master of ceremonies that combine the 70s rhythms with a modern approach for a great party experience, just like in the old times!
- How did you decide to enter this year’s Romanian National Selection?
Eurovision Song Contest is a great platform to promote our disco fever project on an international scene. We believe the 70s music still has a lot to offer and we can make people move and feel groovy, no matter they are Romanians, French or Greeks. Everybody can have a great time listening and dancing on our music.
- What would representing Romania in Eurovision mean to you?
For Eurovision, we combined all the elements that represent Disco music, such as: positive energy, the party mood, joy and hope in one song, called ”Secret Place”. Romania was never represented at the Eurovision by a disco concept and we think it will make a great vibe on the big scene of the contest.
- Can you tell us more about your entry “Secret Place”?
Firstly, we are proud and honoured that our national jury has chosen our song amongst the finalists. It has been a great confidence booster! At the moment, our greatest wish is to win the national selection. We want to share the disco fever with as many people as possible!
- If you had a chance to record a duet with any of the other 11 participants in Selectia Nationala, who would that one be, and why?
We would be glad to work together for a song with CEJ. They have a similar music approach with us: great energy and exuberance! We could make a crazy duet!
- Are you fans of Eurovision, and have you got an all-time favourite Eurovision song?
Given the fact that we are a group of seven, we share different tastes. Our favorite songs are Loreen’s Euphoria, Alexander’s Fairytale and last but not least Abba’s Waterloo as our band name is inspired from one of their smash hits.
- How are you getting ready for the final?
Our lives literally became a continuous disco fever after being selected for the final! We are using all of our time and energy as in between rehearsals of singing and choreography we are promoting our song on TV and radio shows. In our little spare time, we rest and search for new inspiration to make our show better and better.
- Can you tell us something about your stage performance?
Our show concept has been created by our production company “Premium Agency” along with Teodor Radulescu, founder of Teodor Ballet. Except the fact that we have an outstanding disco image and every of our shows is a mesmerizing party we’d like not to divulge the show in the finals.
- What type of music do you personally like to listen to?
We really enjoy Disco in our spare time also, combined with funk, pop, rock, hip hop. We appreciate positive energy, great rhythm, from 70s to the present, all the attributes we involve in our music also.
- Do you have a message for all the readers of ESCBubble who will watch the National Selection and support you?
Super Trooper kisses Europe! Love life & live the disco fever!
- Thank you guys and girls, and we wish you all the best in Selectia Nationala!
To keep up with the latest news on Super Trooper, you can like their official Facebook page. If they are your favourites in the Romanian Selectia Nationala, don’t forget to vote for them in our poll, and also – give a listen to their entry “Secret Place” right here: