ORF and Vienna Drew a Positive Balance

The figures for this year’s Eurovision Song Contest have been kept within the budget limits previously set forth by the Austrian host broadcaster ORF and the City of Vienna. And not only that! Not only didn’t ORF fully exploit its financial framework outlined for the Contest, even the City of Vienna had less expenditures than initially planned. It is also pleasing to see the positive national and international responses the Contest has received, announced ORF Director-General Alexander Wrabetz, the Viennese mayor Michael Häupl and City councillor Christian Oxonitsch in a press conference on Tuesday.

A total of 8.89 million euros was previously put aside for the preparations of this year’s event arena – Wiener Stadthalle. From that sum, around 800,000 euros have been left untouched, said Christian Oxonitsch. Even the expenses planned for marketing the event throughout the city remained below the budgeted framework of a million euros. “The city’s decision in investing in the marketing campaign ultimately proved to be the right one,” he added.

Mayor Häupl gave his appreciation to the good cooperation the city had with ORF, in which he said: “It was a great show. For the city, the Song Contest was a very, very good advertisement.”

“The 60th Eurovision Song Contest was a true success story,” added Wrabetz in agreement with the Viennese mayor. Not only did the Swede Mans Zelmerlöw win, ORF and Vienna did as well. It is clear that the estimated budget target of 15 million euros hasn’t been broached, reported the Head of ORF, making this event one of the few featured by a positive balance.

You might also like

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Support ESCBubble!

Like our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter, to get all the Eurovision news as they happen!