France 2 publishes the rules for the French Eurovision 2018 entry
A few weeks ago we reported on Nicolas Copperman, head of Endemol Shine, having set his sights on a nationwide national final to pick the French entrant for Eurovision 2018 in Portugal.
Now France 2 has announced they are lancing a, in their own words ‘grand concours de chant’ (a big song contest), indeed, for which they have published the rules:
- The song cannot have been published before the date of September 1, 2017
- The song cannot have been commercially released. It should not have been published on social networks either. However, it may have been filed with SACEM or written before that date.
- It can be performed by 6 artists max. (performers and/or backing singers)
- There can not be more than 4 authors/composers
- The song must contain at least 70% of French lyrics
- Authors/composers must register, or have already registered, with SACEM
SACEM is the Société des auteurs, compositeurs et éditeurs de musique, the French music industry association.
The song submission is hereby opened but when it closes is not clear yet.
The call for songs and the submission form can be found here.