A Dal 2018 will once again select Hungary’s Eurovision entry!
MTVA, Hungary’s national broadcaster has just published the rules and regulations of the traditional A Dal, which will once again be used to select the Hungarian entry for the Eurovision Song Contest.
A Dal 2018 will once again consist of several rounds of competition (most probably three heats, two semi finals, and one final with a superfinal round), and the competition is open for everyone. In order to apply, you need to go to the official website of the competition (click) and submit:
- the duly completed Application Form with the signed declaration (the Application Form is to be signed by the person who will subsequently be entitled to sign the contract) – please note that if you are submitting more than one song, you need to fill in a separate application form for each and every of the songs;
- the audio material in flac, m4a, mp3, ogg, wav or wma format;
- the lyrics of the song and its Hungarian translation, if applicable
- high-resolution press photos of the person(s) performing on stage and of the composer(s), their biography in English and Hungarian;
- the video clip of the song (this is not compulsory and is to be submitted only when ready).
Apart from the standard EBU’s Eurovision rules, the following rules also apply for taking part in A Dal 2018:
- Submissions are only accepted by singers or bands (hereafter „performers”) who have previously released a music album or had national radio airplay and/or television appearances, and who have a valid contract with a record company and/or with a professional music management.
- The performers of the songs shall be Hungarian citizens or Hungarian native speakers.
- Apart from in Hungarian, songs in English or in any official language of the national and ethnic minorities living in Hungary can be submitted to the competition, but in those cases the Hungarian translation of the lyrics needs to be provided as well.
The deadline for song submissions is midnight of the 15th of November, whilst the final recording of the selected songs will need to be submitted by the 20th of December.