The Swiss broadcaster RTS has announced that it is looking for a group or an individual who will represent Switzerland at the Eurovision Song Contest 2015.
Radio Télévision Suisse (RTS) is searching to find a strong song that will fit in the profile to suit international demands, which is to be performed by one or more persons. The number of participants on stage is limited to six, including both singers and dancers.
The proposed song must meet the following criteria:
- The duration of the song should be between 2 minutes and 50 seconds and 3 minutes
- Performers must be at least 16 years old
- The song must not be published before 1st of September 2014 (via radio, TV, Internet, public presentation, audio, etc.)
- The song should not contain any political or racist content or be advocating violence – no other constraints are imposed on the textual content
- Under international rules set by the EBU, it is not mandatory for performers and songwriters to be Swiss citizens or residents
- Commercial companies, religious organisations as well as non-profit organisations and foundations are, in principle, not allowed to participate in the contest.
The registration period is set to be from 29th of September until 8 am on 27th of October 2014. Those willing to register must complete an official entry form which will be available for downloading via www.rts.ch after 29th of September 2014.
On the basis of its own criteria, RTS will select 6 songs/performers which will be evaluated by a team of experts. All applicants who do not meet the above criteria will be automatically eliminated.