Christabelle Borg is another one of the 20 semi finalists of the upcoming Malta Eurovision Song Contest! Christabelle took part in the last Maltese selection with “Lovetricity”, and she finished 8th. She’s giving it a try for 2015 with “Rush”, an upbeat track written by Elton Zarb and Muxu.
We had a chat with Christabelle about her song, about her views on Eurovision and her favourites as well. Check out everything she told us in the following interview:
- Hi Christabelle! First of all congratulations for making it to the top 20! How do you feel?
I feel great thank you, I’m prepared to work hard for my performance!
- How did you decide to enter the Contest this year?
I decided that I want to do it again because I had such a fun time last year.
- How did you get in contact with the composer of your song?
He is my friend and I have worked with him before.
- Can you tell us a little bit about your song?
It’s called “Rush”. One word that says it all. My life is super hectic, and I think the title fits me like a glove.
- How are you preparing yourself for the national final?
Rehearsals, meetings and rehearsals!
- Have you already had some thought about how your performance will be on stage?
Yes of course!
- Who do you think is your biggest competition to win this national final?
I think everyone is competition, because you don’t know what they might come up with in the final, and how the song will sound at the venue.
- Malta is hosting Junior Eurovision only a week before the national final. Are you planning to attend this event?
Yes I will be definitely supporting Federica this year!
- What does Eurovision mean to you?
It’s the biggest competition and best exposure for Maltese singers.
- Are you a Eurovision fan, and have you got an all time favourite Eurovision song?
“My number 1” by Helena Paparizou.
- Do you have a message for all the readers of escbubble?
I hope you love my song as much as I do, and I hope you feel that RUSH while you’re hearing my song and watching my performance!
- Thank you so much for taking your time out for this interview, and we wish you the best of luck in the Maltese national selection!
Give a listen to the snippet of Christabelle’s “Rush”, presented in the TV programme Xarabank on the Maltese national television: