Domenique is back in Malta Eurovision Song Contest this year, with a song titled “Take Me As I Am”, written by Aidan O’Connor. She has tried to represent Malta in the past as well, the last time in 2012 when she sang “Too Little Too Late”.
We had a nice chat with Domenique about her participation in Malta Eurovision Song Contest, her song, as well as her views on Eurovision, and personal favourites. Check out all of that and more in the following interview:
- Hi Domenique! First of all, congratulations for making it to the top 20! How do you feel?
Thank you from my heart ! .. I feel very happy and honoured to be here.
- How did you decide to enter the Contest this year?
I was always a fan of this festival and I can’t deny that it is my favourite musical event. I decided to enter this competition as it gives a great boost and coverage to the singers and also it’s an amazing experience overall.
- How did you get in touch with the composer of your song?
Aidan O’Connor was the one that came up to me and gave me the song. We met through out Facebook.
- Can you tell us a little bit about your song?
My song basically is about the wish of a person to be accepted as she is without any conditions. It’s style is ballad mixed with electronic music.
- How are you preparing yourself for the national final?
I am preparing myself quite well regarding performance and also regarding vocal training.
- Have you already had some thoughts about how your performance will look on the stage?
I am going to leave it as a surprise .. 😉 But yes I have some thoughts and images in my mind.
- Who do you think is biggest competition to win this national final?
I think that L-Ahwa are my biggest competition despite I can’t deny that it’s my favourite song as well .. 😉
- Malta is hosting Junior Eurovision only a week before the national final. Are you planning to attend this event?
- What does Eurovision mean to you personally?
Eurovision means a step in the ladder of success.
- Are you a Eurovision fan, and have you got an all time favourite Eurovision song?
Yes definitely I am. My favourite entry was by Tom Dice – “Me & My Guitar”.
- Do you have a message for all the readers of escbubble?
I would like to thank them for their time to read this interview, and also I would like to tell them to watch out for my performance during the night.
- Thank you so much for taking your time out for doing this interview, and we wish you all the best in the Maltese national selection!
Listen to Domenique’s entry in Malta Eurovision Song Contest right here: