Glen Vella has already represented Malta in the Eurovision Song Contest once! He was in Dusseldorf where he sang “One Life”, and unfortunately he missed the Final because of a single point! He is back in the Maltese national selection this year with the song called “Breakaway”, written by Simon Gribbe, and the runner-up of the Maltese national final in 2013, and the winner of the Swedish version of Pop Idol in 2008 – Kevin Borg.
We had the pleasure to speak to Glen Vella about his comeback in Malta Eurovision Song Contest, about his new song, as well as his favourites. Check out all of that and more in the following interview:
- Hi Glen! Congratulations for making it to the top 20 once again! How did you decide to enter the Contest this year?
The song itself took me back to Eurovision 🙂 … Can’t wait to perform the song on the Malta Eurovison Stage in November.
- How did you get in contact with the composers of your song?
We have been friends since we were younger.
- Can you tell us a little bit about your song?
It’s a very catchy tune. The style is upbeat and makes you feel good. Certainly you can dance along to it.
- How are you preparing yourself for the national final?
The rehearsals have already started… At the moment, I’m just working hard to have a tight performance.
- Have you already had some thought about how your performance will be on stage?
Yes of course… We’re brain storming with my team and we ended up with a cool result 🙂
- Who do you think is your biggest competition to win this national final?
There are quite a good number of songs which I liked… May the best entry on the night win.
- Malta is hosting Junior Eurovision only a week before the national final. Are you planning to attend this event?
Yes… I might be there….
- What does Eurovision mean to you?
It means unity of cultures through Music.
- Are you a Eurovision fan, and have you got an all time favourite Eurovision song?
Yes I am, and one of my favourite songs in Eurovison is the recent one – “Euphoria” by Loreen.
- Do you have a message for all the readers of escbubble?
You guys are all amazing and I’m so thankful to each and every one of you! Your support and love means a lot to me! I hope you like my song and that I am able to repay your loyal support with a great performance.
- Thank you very much Glen, and we wish you all the best in Malta Eurovision Song Contest!
Give a listen to a snippet of Glen’s entry “Breakaway”: