Aleksandra Mihova is a young up-and-coming Macedonian artist who has been selected amongst 19 others to sing at this year’s Skopje Fest. She has already participated in several contests and singing competitions, such as Macedonian Idol. Aleksandra will sing her song “Srce cuva spomeni”, which was produced by Andrijana Janevska and written by Veronika Stojanovska.
Skopje Fest 2014 is the Macedonian National Final for Eurovision Song Contest 2015, which will be held on the 12th of November in the Metropolis Arena in Skopje. Check out everything Aleksandra revealed to us in the following interview:
- Hello Aleksandra! Congratulations for making it to the top 20 for Skopje Fest 2014! Can you tell us something about your career?
Ever since I was a teenager, I have been singing at festivals and contests. From the age of 17, I have been performing live in clubs and bars across the country. I even took part in the first series of Macedonian Idol, where I made it to the top 20.
- Can you tell us how did you decide to take part in Skopje Fest?
I have always dreamed of taking part in Skopje Fest and, this year, the dream has finally come true! I’m honoured and privileged to have the chance to perform live accompanied by an orchestra, alongside famous musicians and music professionals.
- Can you tell us more about your song “Srce cuva spomeni”?
The song was produced and arranged by Andrijana Janevska and Veronika Stojanovska wrote the lyrics. I don’t want to reveal much more about my song, as you’ll have the chance to hear it in less than a weeks time.
- How are you preparing yourself for the Macedonian national selection for Eurovision?
Well, there’s only a few days left now. Everything has already been set and agreed upon. Make-up, hair, dress… Rehearsals are also going as planned, and everything is perfect and professionally arranged. I’m very satisfied!
- In your opinion, who is your biggest contender at Skopje Fest?
Honestly, I don’t look at the other participants as my contenders, nor do I think about competing against them. What is most important to me is to represent myself and my team in the best possible way. And, for my parents and my friends to be proud of me. I look forward to mingling with all of my colleagues during the Festival and to have a good time with them.
- Are you a Eurovision fan, and which one is your favourite Eurovision song?
I regularly follow the Eurovision Song Contest. There are so many good songs that have been performed at Eurovision and I cannot pick one out of a whole bunch. Many of them are true hits which I listen to often.
- What do you think in which language should Macedonian entrants sing at Eurovision?
That all depends on the song itself. And on the song’s genre. If, for instance, the song is intertwined with bits of traditional Macedonian sounds, then singing in Macedonian is definitely the right choice. However, if the song has more of an upbeat dance melody, I would think that singing it in English would be quite acceptable. Some songs just sound better in Macedonian and others in English. It all depends on the song.
- Do you have a message for all your fans and readers of ESCBubble?
I wish you all the best! Don’t forget to watch Skopje Fest on the 12th and to cheer for your favourites, and of course the best performance!
- Thank you so much for taking your time out for this interview, and we wish you the best of luck in the Macedonian national selection!
Give a listen to Aleksandra performing Senead O’Connor’s “What’s going on” at the Macedonian Idol in 2011: