Dimitar Andonovski talks to us about his entry in Skopje Fest!
29-years old singer from Bitola, Dimitar Andonovski, is one of the participants in Skopje Fest 2014, and will thus fight for the Macedonian Eurovision ticket with the song “Se sto ti vetiv”. Dimitar is not a new name in the Eurovision world, as he tried to represent Macedonia twice already (in 2009 and 2010). This year however, he was on the Eurovision stage in Copenhagen, as a backing singer for Tijana Dapcevic. His dream, of course, is to participate in Eurovision as a solo singer. Will this dream come true on the 12th of November?
- Hi Dimitar! Thank you for taking your time out for talking to us. First of all, how did you decide to take part in Skopje Fest?
First of all I think I have a very good song and it will be a great honour for me to perform it live with the orchestra of MRTV. I also think that the best way to present a song is by performing it live. This is why I have decided to take part in this contest, it is all about the music.
- Can tou tell us more about your song “Se sto ti vetiv”?
“Se sto ti vetiv” is a very emotional ballad that came very close to my heart, and I am glad that I have this opportunity to share this type of emotions with the audience.
- Have you already had some ideas about your stage performance?
I wouldn’t like to say anything about my stage performance before the actual performance, but I can say that it will be something different from me for sure.
- What’s your main goal in Skopje Fest 2014?
To be honest for me it is an honour to be a part of Skopje Fest, because we are writing the history and making our best memories at the same time. That is why I would like to make the best out of my performance.
- You represented Macedonia in Eurovision as a backing vocalist for Tijana Dapcevic this year. How was your Eurovision experience?
I was part of the team this year, as I sang the backing vocal for Tijana’s song “To the sky” and had a wonderful experience but sure one day I would like to represent Macedonia with my own performance.
- In which language would you like to sing your song at Eurovision? And in general, do you think it is better to sing in Macedonian or in English in this contest?
Without hesitation I would say Macedonian, because it is a Macedonian song and the best way to present the song is in its native language.
- Are you Eurovision fan, and have you got a favourite Eurovision song?
I am a fan of music. Through music we connect people and share different emotions and experiences. By this side I am a fan of all type musical events.
- Thank you very much for your time Dimitar, and we wish you all the best in Skopje Fest!
Give a listen to Dimitar’s song “Ako me boli”!