Lidija Kocovska is one of the top names in the Macedonian music scene. The length of her biography is something many of her colleagues can only be jealous of. Lidija has participated in numerous festivals and contests, including Jugovizija, MakFest, Skopje Fest, to name a few.
Next week, Lidija will fight for a ticket to Vienna alongside Marijan Stojanovski, as they will sing a duet at Skopje Fest 2014, the Macedonian National Final for Eurovision Song Contest 2015, which will be held on Wednesday (12th of November) in the Metropolis Arena in Skopje.
Check out everything Lidija revealed to us in the following interview:
- Hello Lidija! Can you tell us how did you decide to take part in Skopje Fest?
I have agreed to participate in the festival only because of the fantastic song which I will sing with Marijan and, of course, because of the great team that worked hard to put everything together.
- Can you tell us more about your song “Sonce niz oblaci”?
The song was composed by Trajce Stavrevski-Buzuki, Maja Pavlovska wrote the lyrics, and Ljupco Trajkovski-Fis arranged everything beautifully. Marijan and I have been incorporated in that mosaic of professionals and I believe that all the pieces have been put into place. We have given the song its true meaning now.
- How are you preparing yourself for the Macedonian national selection for Eurovision?
We are fully prepared! 🙂
- In your opinion, who is your biggest contender at Skopje Fest?
For the time being, we are just enjoying our song and are pleased to be performing it. That is all that occupies our minds at the moment.
- Are you a Eurovision fan, and which one is your favourite Eurovision song?
I have a few favourites. One of them is “Bandido” by Azucar Moreno, which I sing regularly and always experience a culmination of good vibes when I perform it at my shows.
- What do you think in which language should Macedonian entrants sing at Eurovision?
Our song sounds fantastic in Macedonian and I am sure it would sound the same in English. I think that each country should be represented by a song sung in the national tongue, but I enjoy songs which incorporate a combination of languages as well. I also take great pleasure in listening to songs sung half in Macedonian and half in English.
- What made you decide to sing a duet and why have you chosen Marijan Stojanovski to be your singing partner?
Marijan and I are both working in the Macedonian Opera and Ballet Choir. Years of professional and private ties to him have culminated into a joint project, such as our participation in Skopje Fest this year. We have been good friends and colleagues for many years, but this is the first time that we will “set a fire on stage” – especially in terms of the genre of the song we will be performing. 🙂 The decision to sing a duet came quite spontaneously, which was initiated by a mutual friend of ours, the fantastic lyricist – Maja Pavlovska. We have hit the bull’s eye with this one!
- Do you have a message for all your fans and readers of ESCBubble?
We love you very much! God bless you!
- Thank you so much for taking your time out for this interview, and we wish you the best of luck in the Macedonian national selection!
Give a listen to Lidija singing “Dovolno lud”, one of her biggest hits: