Tonight – Semi final of Malta Eurovision Song Contest!
The well awaited semi final of the Maltese national selection Malta Eurovision Song Contest takes place tonight!
On the very same stage where the Junior Eurovision Song Contest took place last Saturday, the 20 hopefuls to get the Maltese ticket to the Eurovision stage in Vienna are going to step, and sing their songs. The show will be opened by Federica Falzon and her “Diamonds”, the song which represented Malta in Junior Eurovision last week, and finished 4th in this Contest. After her, the 20 acts are going to perform in the following order:
- Lyndsay Pace – Home
- Iona Dalli – Could Have Been Me
- Franklin – Still Here
- Christabelle – Rush
- Jessika – Fandango
- Chris Grech – Closed Doors
- Karen Debattista – 12, Baker Street
- Daniel Testa – Something In The Way
- Glen Vella – Breakaway
- Raquel – Stop Haunting Me
- Domenique – Take Me As I Am
- Lawrence Grey – The One That You Love
- Deborah C – It’s Ok
- Danica Muscat – Close Your Eyes
- Corazon – Secretly
- L-Ahwa – Beautiful To Me
- Amber – Warrior
- Trilogy – Chasing A Dream
- Dominik – Once In A While
- Ekklesia Sisters – Love & Let Go
The 14 qualifiers will be selected by jury voting, with added televoting results, counting as another jury member. The show starts at 20:50 CET, and a live stream will be available through the official website of the Maltese national broadcaster. ESCBubble will live blog the semi final, and the final as well.
My favourite is Lawrence Gray’s “The One That You Love”. Really beautiful and emotional song and Lawrence’s impeccable interpretation sends shivers down my spine.