The Lithuanian broadcaster has already recorded first two episodes of their national selection marathon. In the first episode, all participants will perform international hits, while in the second one they will perform Lithuanian songs. There won’t be any elimination after the first episode, but the points which all candidates receive in this show will be added to the results of second episode.
The recording took place on the 18th of December, so we already know how Lithuanian jury ranked all performances. Here are the results of the jury (Ramunas Zilnys, Edmundas Seilius, Audrius Girzadas and Linas Adomaitis) from the first episode:
- 12 points – Monika Linkyte “Queen of the night” (by W. Houston)
- 10 points – Vaidas Baumila “Hallelujah” (by L. Cohen)
- 8 points – Tadas Juodsnukis “Here I ago again” (by Whitesnake)
- 7 points – Edgaras Lubys “Get Lucky (by Daft Punk & P. Williams)
- 6 points – Milita Daikeryte “Only love can hurt like this” (by P. Faith)
- 5 points – Mia “Chandelier” (by Sia)
- 4 points – Neringa Siaudikyte “Euphoria” (Eurovision 2012 winning song by Loreen)
- 3 points – Jurgis Bruzga “Locked out of heaven” (by B. Mars)
- 2 points – Liepa Mondeikaite “What a wonderful world” (by L. Armstrong)
- 1 point – Rollikai “Let’s get loud” (by J. Lopez)
- 0 points – Reda Striskaite “If I were a boy” (by Beyonce)
- 0 points – Wilma La “Set fire to the rain” (by Adele)
The points of the Lithuanian jury will be combined with points from an international jury – Peter Jenner from the UK, Lela Tsurtsumia from Georgia, and one jury member from the Netherlands who’s name is yet to be revealed. At the end of each episode the final results will be reached with a 50/50 mix (International+Lithuanian jury, and televoting).
It seems like Monika Linkyte will once again be considered as a favourite to win this competition. She finished 4th in the national selection in the 2014 edition. “I come here to break the record of attempts in the national selection” – she joked in an interwiev for Lrytas.lt.
Monika is not the only one familiar name in 2015 selection. Even though they promised not to come back, Vaidas Baumila and Mia both returned to the competition – they reached 3rd and 2nd place in the 2014 final. Liepa Mondeikaite is a member of Pop Ladies (they finished 6th in 2014). Edgaras will try for the third time to become the Lithuanian Eurovision entrant. He participated in the national finals under the nickname Amberlife. He would like to sing his own song which he submitted to LRT, the same thing Vilija managed with “Attention”. “I’m not saying I will win, but I will do my best. I’m very happy with the song I composed” – he said. The only band in 2015 contest is Rollikai. One of the members is Jurijus Veklenka, who participated in Eurovision 2013 as a backing vocalist for Andrius Pojavis.
At the end of the second episode, the jury and the public will decide which participant should leave the show. As this episode was also recorded already, we know the line up and the results of the Lithuanian jury. Here they are:
- 12 points – Edgaras Lubys “Sirdis ant balto sniego” (by Natalija Bunke)
- 10 points – Tadas Juodsnukis “Nakty” (by Kastytis Kerbedis)
- 8 points – Monika Linkyte “Besieliai” (original performer)
- 7 points – Vaidas Baumila “As tik zmogus” (original performer)
- 6 points – Liepa Mondeikaite “As mylajau tave tau nezinant” (by Aktoriu Trio)
- 5 points – Jurgis Bruzga “1000 dienu” (original performer)
- 4 points – Milita Daikeryte “Tarp taves ir manes” (original performer)
- 3 points – Mia “Man patinka” (by Dzordana Butkute)
- 2 points – Neringa Siaudikyte “Meile skolingas tau” (by Stasys Povilaitis)
- 1 point – Reda Striskaite “Kai sirpsta vysnios Suvalkijoj” (by Vytautas Kernagis)
- 0 points – Rollikai “Violeta” (by Kastytis Kerbedis)
- 0 points – Wilma La “Lauzo sviesa” (by Foje)
Wilma La is the only singer to score no points in both episodes. Is she in danger? The first episode will air on the 3rd of January, while the second one will be on the 10th of January 2015.