Janet is one of the fifteen artists who will be taking part in the Grand Final of Eurofest, the Belarusian national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest. She took part last year with the song “You Will Be Here”, which finished second with the jury votes, and third overall. She is back this year, and will try to win the Belarusian Eurovision ticket with the song “Supernova”.
We had the pleasure to chat with Janet regarding her participation in Eurofest. Check out everything she told us in the following interview:
- Hi, Janet! Thank you very much for taking the time to talk with us! To get started, tell us how you decided to return to Eurofest?
Hello! Belarus on the line! 🙂 Last year I didn’t plan to participate in this competition, but once I received an offer from the talented authors Ylva and Linda Persson with the song “You Will Be Here” I was convinced.
The song is already loved by many! I guess we did a nice performance and then shot a music video that is out on Vevo and was nominated as the best video clip of the year! This video is dedicated to families who cannot have children and I am really proud of this job! This year, I got about 300 songs from authors from different countries, but by my choice was the song Supernova (by Ylva and Linda Persson, Sweden and William Taylor, United Kingdom). And now I’m in the final!
- Can you tell us a little about the “Supernova”?
This is an unusual song in my opinion, has a special energy! Supernova – a new life! A life full of happiness, love and joy! Making your dreams come true!
- How do you prepare for Eurofest?
We are working on performance now! We understand the competition and want to show something unusual!
- Can you tell us how your stage will be at night?
This year, the Belarussian TV is offering a completely new stage, bright, modern with lots of LED screens! I think it will enhance the show!
- Have you heard the other 14 songs, and do you have a favourite one?
No, I have not listened yet! 🙂 Firstly, I believe in my song, and secondly I have a lot of concerts and filming, besides preparing for the show that takes up my time! I will listen to everything after the selection! 🙂
- What would be representing Belarus at Eurovision mean for you?
First of all I think it is a chance to say something important to millions of people! I am an artist and my goal is to bring love, hopes and happiness to people with my songs! I represent my home country in this competition and this is a very responsible and honourable opportunity! At that moment you are the face of Belarus!
- Do you usually watch Eurovision, and you have an all time favourite Eurovision song?
Yes, I’ve been watching this contest! I watch the birth of new songs and styles! The beauty of the stage and unusual energy that connect millions of people! I have a lot of favourite songs that I enjoy listening to in my car!
- Your composing team is the same as last year. Are you working together with them on other projects as well, or are there any plans for it for the future?
Yes, I am working with the same team of professionals! All of them are wonderful people!! I can trust these people to be there for me in my creative projects! And I really appreciate it! 🙂
- Do you have a message for all readers ESCBubble?
I am grateful to all the readers who are interested in the whole competition Eurovision and us, the artists! Thanks to you, we are writing new songs that we hope you will enjoy! We will also develop as artists and this is very important. Thank you for always being there! It means a lot to us if they like the songs and sing them!
- Thank you very much Janet for your time! We wish you all the best in Eurofest!
Thank you too! And good luck to everyone!! 🙂
Janet, from Belarus with love.
Give a listen to Janet’s entry in this year’s Eurofest, “Supernova”, right here: