The Austrian national broadcaster ORF has been scouting for talent in the past few months to find the candidate who will represent the host nation at the 60th Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna next May.
Sixteen acts have been chosen which will firstly have to convince a jury with their talent skills and prove if they have what it takes for the great stage of Eurovision.
The Austrians will pick their representative in a televised show Eurovision Song Contest – Wer singt für Österreich?, which will consist of four shows, with the first preselection round kicking off on 20th February.
The singing talent of the 16 acts will be closely monitored by music coaches Anna F., Nazar and The BossHoss. Subsequently, the list will be narrowed down to six. Unfortunately, the results won’t be made public until the broadcast of the first preselection show, which will be taped today. All six acts will go through three preselection rounds. The final show will be broadcast live on 13th March, where the public, together with the jury, will be asked to decide who will follow into the footsteps of Conchita Wurst.
The sixteen acts who will perform in front of the jury with their respective song are:
- Celina Ann – I Never Loved a Man
- Clara Blume – Love & Starve
- Dawa – On The Run
- Folkshilfe – Seit a Poa Tog
- Johann Sebastian Bass – Heart of Stone
- Kathi Kallauch – Das Leben ist zu kurz
- Kommando Elefant – Mein Design fürs Leben
- Lemo – So leicht
- Makemakes – Million Euro Smile
- Mizgebonez – Murmeltier / Fitnesstraining
- Renato Unterberg – Love
- Royal Kombo – Ram Pam Pam
- The Su’sis – This And That
- Tandem – Zeig ihn mir
- wo/Men – Happy
- Zoe – Adieu