Edward Meison talks to us about “We Are Free”, his song in the Georgian final
Edward Meison is one of the five artists who will be taking part in the Georgian national final, hoping to represent his country in the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest. He will sing a song he wrote by himself, titled “We Are Free”. Bac in 2012, he took part in the Georgian pre-selection with his song “Hey You”.
We had a great pleasure to chat with Edward regarding his song and his participation in this national final. Check out everything he told us in the following interview:
- Hi Edward! First of all, thank you very much for taking your time out to do this interview with us. Can you just tell us a little bit about yourself for the start?
Hi! I’m working in clubs and restaurants in Geogia, where I’m singing cover songs. I also have my own studio at home, where I’m composing songs for sale.
- You already took part in the Georgian national final, back in 2012. How was your experience back then?
Yes, well, people in Europe saw my song as the favourite back then for Eurovision, but people in Georgia didn’t want me to win 🙂
- How did you decide to enter this contest once again this year?
Tornike, my backing vocalist, told me to send my song in for the national final. And now it was selected in the top 5.
- Can you tell us about “We Are Free”?
“We Are Free” is a very good song for Europe. The style of this song is like Swedish House Mafia and Avicii.
- You co-wrote this song together with Tako Vadachkoria. Do the two of you usually work together on songs, or was this collaboration established especially for this song, and for Eurovision?
Yes, the music, arrangements and mixing are all done by me, but the lyrics were written by Tako Vadachkoria.
- What are you going to bring on to the stage on the night of the national final?
Well, if I win, I promise I will make a big show.
- Which one of the other four songs do you think will be your biggest competition to win the national final?
I think that my song is very modern. All the other song are different, and I can’t say that they are modern… But I think that they are all good songs.
- What would representing Georgia in Eurovision mean to you?
It would be very good for me – Eurovision tours, meeting new people all over Europe…. I would love it!
- Are you a fan of Eurovision? Do you also have a favourite Eurovision song?
Yes, I am. I like “Euphoria”, “Rise Like A Phoenix”, and “Not Alone” from Armenia. They are all world songs!
- What kind of music do you like to listen to in your free time?
I like to listen to songs of Stevie Wonder, Freddie Mercury. I enjoy slow, rnb, soul, jazz, chillout…
- Do you have a message for all the readers of ESCBubble?
Believe in me, and share and like my song. Check out my song on Youtube and comment. Thanx, love Europe!
- Thank you very much Edward, and we wish you all the best in the national final!
Give a listen to Edward’s entry in the Georgian national final right here: