Elephants From Neptune is a rock band formed in 2010 by Robert Linna, Markko Reinberg, Rain Joona and Jon Mikiver. They will participate in the first semifinal of Eesti Laul 2015 with “Unriddle me”.
We had a chat with the band regarding their song and their participation in the Estonian national selection. Check out everything they told us in the interview below:
- First of all congratulations for making it to Eesti Laul 2015! Can you tell us more about the meaning of band’s name?
There are several stories that go along with the name – each of them has their own spin on it. In reality it’s a combination of some song titles and some books/stories that we like.
- Why did you decide to enter Eesti Laul 2015?
Eesti Laul is the biggest music show in Estonia. Our wish is to spread our music as far as possible and to as many people as possible.
- Can you tell us more about your song “Unriddle Me”?
It’s what we call a good ol’ fashioned EFN banger. A short, to the point rock tune with catchy lyrics and a crazy video too. It was the first single from our new record “Pressure & Pleasure” and we really didn’t plan on sending it to Eesti Laul in the beginning.
- Have you already had some thoughts about how your stage performance will look like?
Not really. We are just starting to dive into the preparation.
- Have you listened to the other entrants’ songs? Do you have any favourites so far?
Not really. We really don’t care about what the other songs are like, as we don’t see Eesti Laul as a competition. It’s more about having different people with different music present it to the wide audience. Oh – Kali Briis has a unique and cool track.
- Do you think it is better to sing in Estonian or English in Eesti Laul and Eurovision?
I don’t think it makes any difference. Some songs work better in Estonian, some in English. Our band happens to sing in English.
- Are you Eurovision fans? Which Eurovision songs do you like the most?
We are not Eurovision fans at all. However I think I can say that we are fans of new music. I think I speak for the entire band when I say that our Eurovision entry in 2003 with Ruffus (Eighties Coming Back) is the best Eurovision song ever.
- Finally, do you have message for all the readers of ESCBubble, who will be following Eesti Laul?
Keep it tight and support new music!
- Thank you very much guys, and we wish you all the best in this competition!
You can give a listen to Elephants from Neptune entry in Eesti Laul – “Unriddle me” right here: