Today, LTV, the Latvian broadcaster, has released the list of participants in Supernova 2015 – their new national final for the Eurovision Song Contest.
Supernova will consist of 3 semifinals and a grand final. The semifinal will be broadcast on the 2nd, 8th and 15th of February, with the final on Sunday 22nd February. During the last evening, one of the 20 songs will be crowned as the latvian entry for the Eurovision Song Contest 2015, with a mixed voting of 50% jury and 50% public.
Here is the list of the songs. You can already listen to them on the official soundcloud page, here.
- Antra Stafecka – It’s The Night
- Katrīna Bindere – Run To You
- Ornella – Angel
- Aminata – Love injected
- Minta – Nefelibata
- Lana Švilpe – Lions
- Signe – Sweet Girl
- Linda Ķaukule – Save Our Love
- Katrīna Cīrule – Bass
- Markus Riva – Take Me Down
- Atis Ieviņš – Catfish
- Gunārs Gaumīgs – Life lines
- Rihards Bērziņš – Your Eyes
- Mārtiņš Ruskis & Ginta Krievkalna – Debesis
- Euphony – Home
- Dima Milenin feat. Kamilla – Colours Of Love
- Framest – Ziemā
- Elektro Folk – Dieva Dēli
- The Stones – Free Your Mind
- Riga Metro – High Heels
Latvia decided to change their national selection format after failing to qualify for the sixth time. The last time the baltic country has seen the stage of the Eurovision Final was in 2008 with Pirates of the Sea. Last year, Aarzemnieki’s “Cake to bake” ended up 13th in the semifinal.