In the last few years, the Swiss canton of Ticino hasn’t fallen short when it comes to sending participants to Die Entscheidungsshow. On the contrary! Both Sinplus and SEBalter managed to find their way to the big Eurovision stage. This year, Switzerland’s Italian-language broadcaster RSI is sending another strong contender to Kreuzlingen. Her name is Deborah Bough! With the catchy pop song “Take Me Back To 23,” Deborah will take the stage this Saturday with an aim to mesmerize and fire up the Swiss public in hopes to win a ticket to Vienna.
With just a few days before the Swiss national final, ESCBubble was fortunate to catch a bit of Deborah’s time. Here’s what she had to say in our interview.
- Hello Deborah! Firstly, congratulations on being one of the six chosen participant in this year’s Swiss national final. What made you decide to sign up for the Entscheidungsshow?
My mother and friends.
- How are you preparing yourself for the show?
A lot of vocal practice and movement practice, since me and my girls will have a little choreography going on.
- Why have you chosen to perform your song in English and not in Italian?
Because I want people to understand the lyrics and be able to relate to the song. Nonetheless, I usually write all my songs in English.
- In your opinion, who is your biggest contender?
I’ve been asked this question by many, but I really don’t know what to answer. I think all candidates are good. It’s up to the public to decide who should win.
- What would it mean to you to win the Swiss national final?
I would be thrilled and proud to represent my country! :p
- Which is your favorite Eurovision song?
Ahmm, probably “Euphoria” by Loreen.
- Can you say something to our readers and your fans?
Yes of course. First of all, a big Helloooo to everyone and thank you for reading my interview, if you want to know more about me, please visit www.deborahbough.com or join me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @deborahbough! See you there, cheeeeers!!! 😉
- Thank you Deborah, and good luck on Saturday!
Give a give a listen to her song in Entscheidungsshow – “Take Me Back To 23!”