With only 17 years of age, Tiziana Gulino is in the run for the ticket to Vienna! She’s been selected as one of the top 6 acts for the Swiss national final, which will take place in Kreuzlingen this Saturday. The powerful “Voice of Swizterland 2014” has already set herself the next goal: To become the Voice of Europe!
This Zurich-based singer’s career had an astonishing take off in early 2014, when she won the second season of the SRF music talent show Voice of Switzerland. Her superior performance impressed the Swiss, who awarded her with more than 42 percent of the public vote.
This time, Tiziana has been chosen by the German-language broadcaster SRF to fight against five other candidates in Die Entscheidungsshow 2015. Her song “Only Human” is a quite mellow, mid-tempo mainstream tune. We were fortunate enough to get a chance to interview Tiziana just days before she’ll take the stage in the Bodensee Arena in Kreuzlingen. Read what she told us right here:
- Hi Tiziana! Thank you for taking your time out for talking to us. First of all, what made you decide to sign up for Swiss national final?
It’s a new opportunity for me, a new challenge with a bigger stage and a bigger audience!
- How are you preparing yourself for the show?
Firstly, I sing my song a few times, then I picture myself how I’ll stand on stage, and then I just go for it. 😉
- Why have you chosen to perform your song in English and not in German?
English is my favourite language to sing and it’s international. A lot of people will understand the lyrics in English. If I would sing in Swiss German, just a small group of people would know what the words mean.
- What do you think of the concept of Die Entscheidungsshow?
It’s a good concept. Very well organized and it makes sense to me. Every candidate has the chance to sing in front of a jury and also the fans can do their part to decide who’s going to be the winner.
- In your opinion, who is your biggest contender?
Hmm… I think Timebelle! She has a great song and is a born entertainer. But I think everyone who’s going to be on stage on the deciding night has something special and has the possibility to win.
- What would it mean to you to win the Swiss national final?
It would be an honour to represent Switzerland at such a young age!
- Which is your favourite Eurovision song?
All of them are alright. 😉 I have no favourite. Every song is different and has something special about it.
- Thank you Tiziana, and we wish you the best of luck in Die Entscheidungsshow 2015!