The Swiss National Final has just ended – the jury and the audience have made the decision! Switzerland will be represented by Melanie Rene and the song “Time to Shine”, which received the most number of votes tonight! Melanie has been selected to participate in the Swiss final by French-language broadcaster (RTS). The winning song was composed by the singer herself.
Although not announced on the live show, SRF later published the full results on their website:
1st Mélanie René
3rd Licia Cherry
4th Andy McSean
6th Deborah Bough
During the final all candidates performed their Eurovision entries as well as international hit cover. Conchita Wurst was the special guest of the night. The Swiss national final ‒ Die Entscheidungsshow 2015 ‒ was, as usually, hosted by Sven Epiney.
Below you can find the list of performed songs:
- Deborah Bough ‒ “Take Me Back To 23” (+ “Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift)
- Timebelle ‒ “Singing About Love” (+ “Rude Boy” by Rihanna)
- Licia Cherry ‒ “Fly” (+ “All About The Bass” by Meghan Trainor)
- Andy McSean ‒ “Hey Now” (+ Chasing Cars” by Snow Patrol)
- Melanie Rene ‒ “Time To Shine” (+ “Chandelier” by Sia)
- Tiziana ‒ “Only Human” (+ “The Power Of Love” by Frankie Goes to Hollywood)
Give a listen to Melanie’s “Time to Shine”, and let us know what you think.
Switzerland will perform in the second part of the second semifinal inEurovision Song Contest 2015. This country participated in the contest from the very beginning, hosting the first edition in Lugano back in 1956, when the host entrant, Lys Assia received the Grand Prix for her song “Refrain”. The Swiss second victory came in 1988 thanks to the international pop star Celine Dion and her song “Ne partez pas sans moi”. Last year, Switzerland was represented by SEBalter and their song “Hunter of Stars”. The band finished 13th in the final.