Tonight Denmark will choose their entry for Vienna, and ESC Bubble caught up with one of the favourites, newly formed duo Tina Stachowiak & René Machon who will perform their song ‘Mi Amore, written by Eurovision stalwart Thomas G:son and Henrik Sethsson.
- Hi Tina & René! For those people who do not know you, can you tell us a bit about yourselves?
René: I am 40 years old and I have been working in the music industry for 20 years. I am the lead singer in a band called Cruise , and I also write and produce songs. I am also married with four kids!
Tina: I am 29 years old and I live in Copenhagen with my boyfriend. I have been singing and writing music since I was very young. I released my first single called “Price to Pay” in 2012 which became very popular in China. I have also written a title song for the Danish TV-Show “Big Brother” together with René Dif from Aqua. I also have my own blog www.tinasmusic.dk were she I am blogging about my life as a singer and sharing my experiences and pictures from Melodi Grand Prix.
- How did you come to end up singing together in Melodi Grand Prix?
Tina: It all started when I was invited to a studio in Copenhagen to try and sing “Mi Amore”. The team behind ‘Melodi Grand Prix’ really loved my voice and thought it was perfect for ”Mi Amore’ and they chose me to sing the song!
René: I was found through my manager and I went to the studio to record the song. Everyone agreed that I was the right person to sing the song together with Tina.
Tina: René has an awesome voice and we are a good team together. We hope the audience will feel our chemistry together.
- What was your first thought when you heard that you had been selected to take part in Melodi Grand Prix?
Tina: We were both really thrilled and excited. We couldn’t believe it. This is a dream come true for us.
- Can you tell us a bit about your song, ‘Mi Amore’?
René: “Mi Amore” is a real powerballad. It is about forgiveness and about telling the person you love how you feel and how much you adore that person.
Tina: It is the ultimate love song. The lyrics are something that everyone can relate to and we really feel the power of the song when we are singing it.
- How have you been preparing for your live performance?
Tina: We have been practising the song over and over again and of course also our choreography and stage show.
René: We have been rehearsing at home as well as in the studios at Danmarks Radio. We want to do everything we can to give the best show possible.
- Can you give us any ideas about your stage performance?
Tina: We can’t reveal so much at this point but what we can say is that it will include some confetti and silver hearts! The show is going to be one big celebration.
René: Tina is going to wear an amazing dress and she can’t wait. You’ll have to watch it on Saturday to find out!
- Who do you think is your biggest competition in Melodi Grand Prix this year?
René: The line up is very good this year but we can’t say one in particular. We are focusing on our own performance and we are so excited about our song!
- Do you have any plans to release any more music together after Melodi Grand Prix?
Tina: We are both working in the studio and writing new solo material as well as new songs together. We are very excited to see what the future will bring musically.
- What is your favourite Danish Eurovision entry ever?
Tina: The Olsen Brothers with ‘Fly on the Wings of Love’.
René: Me too!
- If you win Melodi Grand Prix, what is the first thing you will do?
Tina: Its hard to predict how we will react because it will be amazing if we win.
René: But for sure we will give each other a very big hug and then find our families and friends and celebrate!
- What would it mean to you to represent Denmark in the Eurovision Song Contest?
It would mean everything. It would be the biggest honor for us and a dream coming true to represent our Country at the world greatest song contest.
- And finally, if you had to describe each other in three words, what would they be?
René: I think that Tina is: Beautiful, professional and talented!
Tina: that René is: Great singer, handsome, and funny!
Thanks Tina & René, and good luck for tonight!
Give a listen to Tina & René’s entry in Dansk Melodi Grand Prix right here: