Ten newcomers will be fighting for the last open spot in this year’s German national final “Unser Song für Österreich,” which will take place on 5th March in Hanover.
To get this spot, the newcomers will have to battle it out in the wilcard round – Clubkonzert – to be broadcast live from Hamburg on 19th February. The German broadcaster NDR received over 1270 application videos which were evaluated by representatives of NDR, the production company Brainpool, youth-oriented radio stations of the national broadcaster ARD and several record labels. In the end, ten artists were selected to compete in the wilcard round.
- Aden (20) from Lower Saxony
- Alisson Bonnefoy (21) from Essen
- Ann Sophie (24) from Hamburg
- Ason – a band from Wiesbaden
- Klangpoet – a band from Dortmund
- Lars Pinkwart (16) from the Bonn area
- Lou (15) from Schleswig-Holstein
- Moonjos – with Daniel (30) from Frankfurt and Ricardo (29) from Hamburg
- Sendi Hoxha (17) from Baden-Würrtemberg
- Sophie (16) from Brandenburg
The winner will be determined solely by public televoting and, thus, get the chance to compete in the national final which will feature eight artists performing their song entries. The seven established artists were revealed a few weeks ago.
In 2014, the all-girl trio Elaiza won the wildcard round, and even beat all the other prominent artists, winning the ticket for the grand final of the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest, finishing 18th.