CEJ are a Swedish band taking part in the Romanian Selectia Nationala this year with the song “We Were In Love”. Two of their members were members of the world-wide famous band Rednex, which took part in the Romanian national selections in the past as well.
We had a great pleasure to talk to Annika from the band, and she was talking to us about their careers, their previous tries in Romania, as well as their this year’s entry for Eurovision. Check out everything they told us right here:
- Hi CEJ! Thank you very much for taking your time out for talking to us! For the start, can you tell us a little bit about yourselves?
Well, we are Annika, Jens and Fredrik. We are from Stockholm and have been playing together in this constellation for five years now. Me and Jens were part of the band Rednex and I (Annika started the band 1994) have been touring the world for exactly 20 years this very year!
- How did you decide to enter Selectia Nationala this year again?
We have very strong relations to Romania and we have been touring a lot there. It has become like our second home and we have actually taken part of the Romanian Selections twice before. Our manager sent in a song to the TVR and it was selected, so we are very happy to return to Romania.
- Can you tell us more about your entry in Selectia Nationala?
It is a song about me and my husband’s divorce. About how things develop and how hard it is to split up. Me and Jens were married for 15 years and we are still best friends and we work together in the band, but as always, it is a very devastating process to go separate ways…
- How are you getting ready for the final?
We are planning our performance together with the producer of TVR and of course we will be rehearsing with the backing singers. But we have done thousands of TV shows all over the world so we are quite used to those kind of preparations.
- Can you tell us something about your stage performance?
Yes… It´s going to be awesome 🙂
- What would representing Romania in Eurovision mean to you?
It would mean the world to us. We are a global band so for us, home is where we like to be, and we love Romania. We believe that it could also be an advantage for Romania to send us to represent Romania since we have fans all over the world.
- If you had a chance to collaborate with any of the other 11 participants in Selectia Nationala, who would that one be, and why?
Oh that is a tricky question. They are all very good. Maybe it would be fun to do something together with the SuperTrouper. We love Disco 🙂
- Are you a Eurovision fan, and have you got an all time favourite Eurovision song?
Yes of course we are. We love Eurovision, otherwise we would not be here. There are so many great songs over the years, but if we should just pick something quickly it would probably be Euphoria with Loreen or Waterloo with ABBA. We are Swedish after all.
- What type of music do you personally like to listen to?
We listen to all kind of music but Bluegrass and country are of course very close to our hearts. But as we said, we like all kind of music, from bluegrass to Rock and EDM. And our Fredrik is one of the songwriters and producer for Backstreet Boys so we have a very broad taste.
- Thank you very much Annika, and we wish you and the guys the best of luck in Selectia Nationala!
CEJ have also recorded a message for all the fans, and you can watch it by clicking here. Also, give a listen to “We Were In Love” right here: