Rodica Aculova is a Moldovan singer, who’s song “My Light” has made it to the top 12 of the Romanian national selection! Her team has already been to the Eurovision Song Contest, as the composer of her song Ivan Aculov, and the lyricist Lidia Scarlat, have also written Moldova’s last year’s Eurovision entry – “Wild Soul” for Cristina Scarlat.
We had great pleasure to chat with Rodica regarding her entry in Selectia Nationala. We asked her about her career, her entry “My Light”, as well as her views on the Eurovision Song Contest. Read everything she told us here:
- Hi Rodica! Thank you very much for taking your time out for talking to us! For the start, can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I am a mother of a beautiful boy and the wife of a very talented husband. This defines my life mostly. But my life is also greatly connected to music, I am a music teacher and I also decided to start my career as a singer.
- How did you decide to enter Selectia Nationala?
Coming from Moldova, I am so honoured to sing in the Romanian final! Romanian finals are always greatly watched and enjoyed by us Moldovans, so it all started with the crazy desire to participate in the Romanian final and honestly, when I was told that the song got in, I couldn’t believe it!
- Can you tell us more about your entry in Selectia Nationala?
It’s a great achievement for me, for the start of my career and I am very thankful to all the jury and the people who keep believing in me, especially the two beautiful people who are the authors of “My Light”: the composer Ivan Akulov, who is also my husband, and our dear friend, the lyricist Lidia Scarlat.
- How are you getting ready for the final?
Rehearsing with my husband and son. 🙂 Really, my husband’s critique is always helpful, and my son’s applause is making my day everyday.
- Can you tell us something about your stage performance?
It will be very direct and honest, nothing to distract the audience from the song. It will be a very intimate and sensitive moment.
- What would representing Romania in Eurovision mean to you?
I can barely believe I am in the National Final, the pleasant shock isn’t gone yet, so… presume what would it mean to actually represent Romania! I believe all Moldovans would be proud to have a Moldovan representing Romania at the Eurovision Song Contest.
- If you had a chance to record a duet with any of the other 11 participants in Selectia Nationala, who would that one be, and why?
Luminita Anghel. Two powerful women on stage would be a great duet.
- What type of music do you personally like to listen to?
Lately, cartoon music from the cartoons my son watches! 🙂 I like classical music and I love listening to powerful and expressive voices, such as Lara Fabian’s.
- And finally, do you have a message for all the readers of ESCBubble who will watch Selectia Nationala, and support you?
Don’t miss the Romanian National Final on TVR and keep your eyes on “My Light”!
- Thank you very much Rodica, and we wish you all the best in Selectia Nationala!
To keep up to date with the latest news on Rodica, you can like her official Facebook page. If she is your favourite in Selectia Nationala, you can vote for her in our poll (click), and also, give a listen to “My Light” right here: