Originally we said there would be three prizes in our Söngvakeppnin quiz, awarded to the three participants with the highest scores. But after going through all the answers, we were left with *seven* people with full marks!
So we decided to award all seven of them, instead of drawing just three.
The first name “out of the hat” was;
Michael Simonsen from Denmark!
Michael will soon be able to listen to the Söngvakeppnin 2015 CD, while admiring (or trying to decipher?!) the signatures of all the finalists!
Name number two drawn was;
Aleksandra Szweda from Poland!
Her prize is is the Söngvakeppnin CD, signed by the winner, María Ólafs!
The remaining five winners will recieve signed posters of the finalist of their choice!
And they were drawn, and got to chose their finalist, in the following order;
Mandy Pettersen, Norway – María Ólafs
Anthony Ko, UK – María Ólafs
Líam Clark, Australia – Friðrik Dór
Nick van Lith, Netherlands – CADEM
Anne Ramstad Nordby, Norway – Friðrik Dór
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE WINNERS!!
And a big thank you to everybody who took part!
Don’t forget to participate in our Hungary competition. Answer one question, and you might be the lucky winner of an A Dal CD, signed by a bunch of the finalists, including the winner!
The correct answers in the Söngvakeppnin quiz are;
1) What is Emelie’s (Cadem) favorite Eurovision entry?
Is It True, Iceland 2009
2) What song did Haukur Heiðar sing during our interview?
Thank You, by Dikta
3) What other bands are Hildur and Guðfinnur (Sunday) also in?
Hildur is in Rökkuró, and Guðfinnur is in For A Minor Reflection
4) What Eurovision singer is Elín Sif’s inspiration?
Paradise Oscar, Finland 2011
5) In what play, based on a Swedish children’s book, did María recently play the title role?
Ronja, the Robber’s Daughter by Astrid Lindgren
6) What is Friðrik Dór’s favorite Eurovision entry?
Divine, Sebastien Tellier, France 2008
7) How does Pétur (Björn og félagar) prepare before going on stage?