Exclusive interview with Mary-Jean O’Doherty!
ESCBubble had a nice chat with Mary-Jean O’Doherty (Australia), who will be representing Armenia in the super group Genealogy. We would also like to congratulate Mary-Jean, whose birthday was days ago, and wish her best of luck in her solo career as well as in the upcoming Eurovision Song Contest 2015 in Vienna!
- Dear Mary-Jean, let us firstly congratulate you on being a member of the wonderful concept of the Genealogy group. Share us with your feelings, how did it feel when you first heard the news?
I was thrilled, honoured and deeply moved when I first got the news.
- As far as we know you have won number of very prestigious awards, and also you have performed in very famous venues, please tell us about that!
I won first prize (female) in the Paris Opera Awards in 2013 performing in the Salle Gaveau in Paris. I’ve also had the great opportunity to perform in the Royal Albert Hall, London, in the State Opera House Prague, the Millennium Centre Cardiff, as well as other theaters in the UK.
- To get back to Eurovision, have you been following the contest and would you ever imagine yourself on the stage of one of the most important European music contests?
I’ve always been interested in Eurovision, especially in Armenia’s entries, but I never in my wildest imagination dreamed of being a contestant.
- You visited Armenia recently, was it your first visit to your home country? What are your impressions of Armenia and what can you say about the other young artists of Genealogy?
Yes this was my first visit ever to Armenia! Armenia is an extraordinary country- stunning natural beauty, warm friendly citizens and rich cultural heritage. It had been such a privilege to work with composer Armen Martirosyan as well as the hugely talented young artists of Genealogy: each singer has such a beautiful and unique voice and Armen featured our individual talents in “Face the Shadow” perfectly!
- And finally, what will be your personal message to our readers?
Thank you so much for your love and support! See you in Vienna!
Also, stay tuned to learn more about “Genealogy” and find us on –
Give a listen to some of Mary-Jeans songs below!