The 54th Festivali i Kenges, the long-running Albanian music competition which has served as the country’s national selection method since their debut at Eurovision in 2004 will take place in late December. We can find many familiar names in the participant list who will fight for the opportunity to represent Albania in Stockholm next year. One of them is Revolt Klan – duo will perform the song titled “Dashurinë s’e gjejmë dot” during the second semifinal of Festivali i Kenges. Bruno and Febi spoke to ESCBubble about their forthcoming participation.
- What was your first reaction when you discovered that you will take part in the Festivali i Kenges once again?
We felt very good, the same feeling like the first time. As you may know, this is the second year for us and of course we are expecting more. 🙂
- Can you tell us more about your career and music?
Our latest music video is “On Fire”. This is a collaboration with an international artist from Philadelphia, Vince Mc Clenny. Well, this of course is not our first international hit as we have always been collaborated with big artist. Let us mention the collab’ with Mario Bischin, Otilia or Daniele Meo. We and every artist in the world always aim bigger. We work hard and we try to be innovative each time we produce something for ourselves and for others. MAD TV one of the biggest music Tv in Albania recently aired “On Fire” videoclip. Furthermore, we would like to mention that we have also entered Balkanika MTV (a big TV which promote, in all Balkan countries, the best songs of the moment). They of course aired the “coming soon” trailer of the video and later on 22mnd June (the day when Vevo uploaded the video) they published the video premier and an article about it on their official website. A year ago we have been represented ourselves and entered MTV Greece with “Won’t surrender” through the Greek Label Planetworks. The song is a collaboration with Otilia. This song have been rated in MTV Summer Hits in Greece.
- You took part in Festivali i Kenges before, but your song “Më mungon” didn’t qualify to the final. Why did you decide to submit new song to Festivali i Kenges? Can you tell us more about “Dashurinë s’e gjejmë dot” ? What can we expect?
If you don’t reach your goal for the first time it doesn’t mean you have to quit trying, and improving always more.
This year is a song with a universal message. The tittle is translated “We can’t find the love” and is not about love between a couple, is not a love song. Is a message which tries to highlight also the latest things that are happening in the world, also people which commit crimes in their families and also in the society. Every day we hear about lost lives, about people losing the ability to transmit love, peace and positivity. That’s why in the refrain we ask GOD for help. All I can say is that is a very actual song..
- How are the preparations for Festivali i Kenges going? Do you have any ideas about stage performance, outfits etc.?
We are still working on it.
- If you win Festivali i Kenges, would you like to sing your song in Albanian or English during Eurovision Song Contest?
We will sing in both languages – semifinal in English and final in Albanian 😀 Why not?
- Are you the Eurovision fans? What’s your favorite Eurovision song and why?
Yes we are big fans of Eurovision and our dream is to be part of it representing our country. No one can decide if a song is good or bad. Every song participating in Eurovision is good. And Eurovision is beautiful because the songs are so different.
- What do you think about previous Albanian Eurovision participants?
They were all special on their own styles.
- Finally, do you have any message for Eurovision fans who will watch Festivali i Kenges online?
Pray for us to win and enjoy as much as possible my friends. 🙂 MUCH LOVE REVOLT KLAN