Just moments ago, the 20 semi-finalists competing in Eesti Laul 2016 have been revealed by Mart Normet, guesting the show Ringvaade.
These are the 20 hopefuls (in order: artist(s) – song – composer(s)):
1. Põhja-Tallinn – Ei ole mul olla (Jaanus Saks, Kristjan Soomre, Mark Eric Kammiste, Hannes Agur Vellend, Herlend-Kaspar Raudkivi)
2. Indrek Ventmann – Hispaania tüdruk (Allan Kasuk )
3. Zebra Island – How Many Times (Rasmus Lill, Helina Risti )
4. Würffel – I’m Facing North (Kaspar Kalluste, Rosanna Lints )
5. Cartoon & Kristel Aaslaid – Immortality (Ago Teppand, Hugo Martin Maasikas, Joosep Järvesaar, Kerli Kõiv, Iiris Vesik, Kristel Aaslaid )
6. Kati Laev – Kaugel sinust (Urmas Kõiv, Anneli Kõiv )
7. Kéa – Lonely Boy (Egert Milder, Robert Stanley Montes, Ian Karell )
8. The Jingles – Love a Little Bit (Jonathan Flack, Hain Hoppe, Rauno Vaher, Tanel Liiberg )
9. Púr Múdd – Meet Halfway (Oliver Rõõmus, Joonas Alvre )
10. Gertu Pabbo – Miljon korda(Priit Pajusaar, Maian-Anna Kärmas )
11. Meisterjaan – Parmupillihullus (Jaan Tätte Juunior )
12. I Wear* Experiment – Patience (Hando Jaksi, Mikk Simson, Johanna Eenmaa )
13. Jüri Pootsmann – Play (Fred Krieger, Stig Rästa)
14. Go Away Bird – Sally (Stanislav Bulganin)
15. Windy Beach – Salty Wounds (Priit Uustulnd, Tuuli Rand, Mari Tamm)
16. Mick Pedaja – Seis (Mick Pedaja)
17. Grete Paia – Stories Untold (Sven Lõhmus)
18. Anett Kulbin – Strong (Anett Kulbin)
19. Laura – Supersonic (Sven Lõhmus)
20. La La Ladies – Unikaalne (Tatjana Mihhailova, Mihkel Mattisen, Timo Vendt, Inga Tislar)
Among the artists are Grete Paia, who came 2nd in 2013 and Laura who came both 2nd and 1st in Euro Laul 2005, coming 2nd with her own entry Moonwalk and winning as part of the girl group Suntribe singing Let’s Get Loud. In 2007 she was back with Sunflowers and in 2009 she tried again with Destiny, both coming 3rd. All of her songs (including Suntribe’s song) were written by Sven Lõhmus, who composerd her song this time as well.
Other notable composers are Stig Rästa who came 7th in Vienna last year together with Elina Born, Tatjana Mihhailova, better known as Tanja who represented Estonia in 2014 with Amazing and Kerli Kõiv who participated in Melodifestivalen 2003 together with Locatellies singing Let’s Go and in 2004 in Euro Laul, coming 2nd with her song Beautiful Inside. Kerli has had minor European hits and had two number #1s at the Billboards Hot Dance Club Songs Chart. She is also co-composer of a song that was meant to end up on her sophomore album Utopia but which she later gave permission to Demi Lovato to perform: Skyscraper.
10 of each of the acts will take part in the semi-finals taking place on the 13th and 20th of February.
The final of Eesti Laul will take place on the 5th of March in Saku Suurhallis.