First episode of Lithuanian National Selection has been recorded today in Vilnius and 8 participants performed their own songs for the first time. Eurovision fans will watch this episode on 9th January at 20:00 CET. The Lithuanian jury (Darius Uzkuraitis, Donatas Ulvydas Ramunas Zilnys and Dalia Micheleviciute) presented their points already but on Saturday the results of international jury voting (Peter Freudenthaler from Germany and Denis Ingoldsby from UK) and televoting will be revealed as well. At the end of the episode three participants will be eliminated and five will proceed to the next stage. As the show has been already recorded we can present the Lithuanian jury favorities as well as the running order of the first episode.
- Alice Way „Hero” – 8 points
- Dovydas Petrošius „Starlight” – 5 points
- Behind the Moon „Did It All” – 7 points
- Erica Jennings „Leading Me Home” – 12 points
- Elena Jurgaitytė „I Won’t Come Back” – 4 points
- Vlad Max „Don’t Wanna Let It Go” – 3 points
- Petunija „Tomorrow” – 6 points
- Donny Montell „I’ve Been Waiting for This Night” – 10 points
You can listen to some of the songs which are published online already.
Two previous Eurovision entrants from Lithuania received the highest notes from Lithuanian jury. Erica Jennings represented Lithuanian with the band SKAMP in the Eurovision 2001 finshed 13th with 35 points. Donny Montell performed “Love in Blind” in the final of Eurovision 2012 in Baku – he received 70 points and finished 14th.