The Maltese national final has just concluded and we now know that Ira Losco will be the Maltese representative in Stockholm in May. It is the second time she will have represented Malta at the contest and she will be hoping to go one better than last time when she finished 2nd in 2002 behind Latvia’s Marie N.
A total of 14 songs qualified for tonight’s final in Valetta, and a combination of jury and televoting decided the outcome as follows:
- Deborah C – All Around The World
- Franklin – Little Love (3rd)
- Daniel Testa – Under The Sun
- Brooke – Golden (2nd)
- Raquel – Flashing Lights
- Christabelle – Kingdom (4th)
- Corazon – Falling Glass
- Dominic – Fire Burn
- Jessika – The Flame
- Jasmine – Alive
- Lawrence Gray – You’re Beautiful
- Maxine – Young Love (5th)
- Ira Losco – Chameleon (1st)
- Kim – Lighthouse
Both the judges and the voting public agreed that Ira would be the best choice for Eurovision. Ira won a staggering 40% of the televote.
You can listen to the winning song here:
So, what do you think of the Maltese entry?