A total of 10 acts will compete in this year’s edition of EMA, in order to represent Slovenia in the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest. Now the Slovenian national broadcaster has revealed the titles of the 10 participating songs, as well as the songwriters.
The 10 participants of this year’s EMA are:
- Anja Baš – What If (m: Anja Bas, Franci Zabukovec / l: Anja Bas)
- Anja Kotar – Too Cool (m: Anja Kotar, Pascal Guyon / l: Anja Kotar)
- D Base – Spet živ (m: Alex Volasko / l: David Domjanic, Nejc Zehelj, Benjamin Dolic, Alex Volasko)
- ManuElla – Blue And Red (m: Manuella Brechko, Marjan Hvala / l: Leon Oblak)
- Nuša Derenda – Tip Top (m: Ziga Pirnat, Andraz Gliha / l: Ziga Pirnat)
- Raiven – Crno bel (m: Tadej Kosic, Jernej Krzic / l: Sara Briski Cirman)
- Regina – Alive In Every Way (m: Aleksander Kogoj, Jon Dobrun / l: Jon Dobrun)
- San Di Ego – Brez tebe (m: Nino Oslak, Sergej Skofljanec, Matija Ajdic, Martin Rozman, Jure Doles / l: Igor Pirkovic)
- Sebastijan Lukovnjak – Tales Of Tomorrow (m: Martin Bezjak / l: Tadej Jambrovic)
- Žan Serčič – Summer Story (m/l: Zan Sercic)
Alex Volasko previously took part in EMA in 2012, but failed to make it to the final shows. The lyricist of ManuElla’s song is Leon Oblak, who was also the lyricist of the Slovenian Eurovision entry back in 2010 – “Narodnozabavni rock” by Ansambel Rok Žlindra & Kalamari.
EMA 2016 will take place on the 27th of February, and the winner will be selected in two rounds of voting – in the first one a three member jury will select the top two out of the 10 acts, and then televoting will choose which of the two will be the one to represent Slovenia in Stockholm this coming May.
Written by: Ervin Juhasz, Jan Žagar & Jan Vehar