Full results of the German final revealed
The German Final “Unser Lied für Stockholm” was held last night, and it was won by Jamie Lee Kriewitz and her song “Ghost”. Alex Diehl finished in second, and Avantasia finished in third. Now the German national broadcaster has released the full televoting numbers in both rounds of voting.
These are the detailed results of the first round:
- Jamie-Lee Kriewitz – 221,846 televotes
- Avantasia – 124,845 televotes
- Alex Diehl – 124,268 televotes
- Laura Pinski – 85,642 televotes
- Gregorian – 69,874 televotes
- Luxuslarm – 42,576 televotes
- Ella Endlich – 41,172 televotes
- Keoma – 25,609 televotes
- Joco – 22,645 televotes
- Woods of Birnam – 12,332 televotes
In the first round, Jamie-Lee was almost 100,000 votes ahead of Avantasia and Alex Diehl. The second placed Avantasia was only 577 televotes ahead of the third placed Alex Diehl. Laura Pinski finished in fourth, and needed approximately 40,000 televotes more in order to qualify.
In the Super-Final round, all three acts received far more votes than in the first round:
- Jamie-Lee Kriewitz – 498,293 televotes
- Alex Diehl – 380,293 televotes
- Avantasia – 241,573 televotes
Jamie-Lee managed to score more than double the number of televotes than in round 1, while Alex Diehl managed to triple his number of televotes, but it still wasn’t enough, as he remained over 100,000 televotes behind Jamie-Lee, who is the clear winner.
Give a listen to “Ghost” – Germany’s song for Eurovision 2016: