Just this afternoon, the 12 hopefuls for Selecţiei Naţionale Eurovision 2016, the Romanian national selection for Eurovision, have been revealed. 94 songs were sent in, 2 were disqualified because they didn’t meet certain criteria. Over the course of three days, a jury has been listening to the songs and after heated but constructive debates, according to Iuliana Marciuc, executive producer of the national final, the jury has reached a consensus has been reached and out of the 92 songs, 12 hopefuls have been chosen.
The songs that made it are:
- Florena – Behind the shadows
- Hayley Evetts – Brand new day
- Jukebox – Come on everybody
- Vanotek feat. The Code & Georgian – I’m coming home
- Irina Popa – Lasă-mă, eu te las
- Dream Walkers – Let it shine
- Ovidiu Anton – Moment of silence
- Andra Olteanu – Nai Nai
- Mihai Băjinaru – Never too late
- M I H A I – Paradisio
- Xandra – Superhuman
- Doru Todoruţ feat. Irina Baianţ – The Voice
M I H A I being the same Mihai who brought Romania a 4th place with Tornerò in 2006.
The songs have been published by the Romanian broadcaster already and can be listened to over here.
The semi-final and final will be taking place in the sports hall of Baia Mare in northwestern Romania. From the 12 semi-finalists, six will advance to the final: 4 chosen by a jury and the other 2 through televoting. In the final the winner will be chosen by the televoters solely.
Have you already heard the 12 songs? Then vote for your favorite in our poll right here: