Tonight, 26 acts competed in Globen Arena, in Sweden, with the hope of winning the Eurovision Song Contest 2016. At the end of the show, Jamala triumphed in Stockholm and won the 61st edition of the Eurovision Song Contest with her song ”1944”. She received a total of 534 points, breaking Alexander Rybak’s record.
First, the jury points, from all the 42 countries participating in this year’s contest, were announced by the spokespersons: Australia received the biggest amount points from the juries with 334 followed by Ukraine, 100 points behind. Then, Mans and Petra announced the televoting results: Russia won the televoting with 361 points, while Ukraine and Poland finished second and third. Australia finished 5th in the televoting.
Here is the top 5 of tonight’s show:
- Jamala – ”1944” (Ukraine) – 534 points
- Dami Im – ”Sound of Silence” (Australia – 511 points
- Sergey Lazarev – ”You’re the only one” (Russia) – 491 points
- Poli Genova – ”If love was a crime” (Bulgaria) – 307 points
- Frans – ”If I were sorry” (Sweden) – 261 points
What do you think of this year’s winner? Do you agree with the winner? Let us know in the comments below, or on our social media pages.