A few days ago, TVM revealed the names of the 20 young candidates who will have the chance to participate in the Maltese national selection for Junior Eurovision, with the hope of representing their country in the contest. The show will be held in Valetta, at the Mediterranean Conference Centre, on the 16th of July. All the young and talented contestants will perform a cover song during the show.
Here is the list of the 20 finalists:
- Miguel Bonello – Fifth Element, Diva Dance
- Kira Copperstone – Listen
- Dylan Curmi – See you again
- Francesca Dimech – Dear Future Husband
- Layla Fitouri – And I am telling you
- Fusion – In love with a monster
- Francesca Grima – Titanium
- Krista Hili – Glitter & Gold
- Rachel Lowell – I surrender
- Kaylie Magri – When we were young
- Christina Magrin – No more tears
- Eila Mangion – Listen
- Cledia Micallef – Bring him home
- Alexia Micallef – The silence
- Luana Mifsud – Wrecking ball
- Veronica Rotin – I will always love you
- Justine Shorfid – I’d rather god blind
- Lisa-Marie Tabone – At last
- Mariah-Nicola Vella – All I ask
- Chanelle Zarb – Hollow
The winner will be chosen by both the televoters and a professional jury. This year, the Junior Eurovision Song Contest will take place in the capital city of Malta, Valetta, on the afternoon of Sunday 20 November, after Destiny Chukunyere’s victory in Sofia, last year. Malta also hosted this contest back in 2014.
Who is your favourite to win the Maltese national selection? Let us know in the comments below, or on our social media pages.