Yes, the Post Eurovision Depression (PED) can be really bad – especially after a great Eurovision Song Contest like the one we experienced in Sweden few months ago. Well, the best way to fight the well-known Post Eurovision Depression is definitely this one: come and join many other Eurovision fans at the 5th Eurovision Weekend in Berlin in few weeks time.
The Berlin fan group organises the Eurovision Weekend 2016 as a big get-together of Eurovision fans. Since 2012, the event has become an important date in the calendars of many fans from all over Europe. Who would have thought four years ago that the Eurovision Weekend would be growing bigger and bigger from year to year? The Berlin fans have organised the event together with a partner fan club from abroad every year, starting with OGAE Finland in 2012. After OGAE Israel (2013), OGAE UK (2014) and OGAE Denmark (2015) it is now time to team up with OGAE Nederland.
The gathering provides a great opportunity for all Eurovision fans to meet, chat, dance and enjoy a whole weekend with the Eurovision community. The programme includes karaoke, dance floors, sightseeing, a Dutch-German brunch, a Eurovision Quiz and, as the highlight, the Grand Gala on Saturday evening.
One of the performers this year will be also Sandra Reemer, who represented the Netherlands three times at the Eurovision Song Contest (1972, “Als het om de liefde gaat”; 1976, “The Party’s Over”; 1979, “Colorado”) and the Dutch representative of 2003, Esther Hart (“One More Night”) who’ll also perform live on stage at the Gala concert at the Pfefferberg area in central Berlin. Zoë, this year’s Austrian entrant and Laura Pinski, big fan favourite at the German selection this year, will also perform at the Eurovision Weekend!
For the fifth anniversary of the Eurovision Weekend, organisers are happy to introduce a new event at Eurovision Weekend: the OGAE-vision Song Contest. Contestants from all over Europe will perform a Eurovision song, supported by their national fan club. The Gala will be hosted by Judy LaDivina and Erik Enter (OGAE Nederland). DJs for the parties on Friday and Saturday will be DJ Jay-T (Eurovision Fans Berlin) and DJ Louis (OGAE Nederland).
The contestants of the very first OGAEVision Song Contest are:
– Karl William Lund (United Kingdom) #karlwilliamlund
– Aron Promnitz (Sweden) #aronpromnitz
– Daniela Stefanelli (Italy) #danielastefanelli
– Jan Vehar (Slovenia) #janvehar
– Call Me Survivor (Germany) #callmesurvivor
– Jan Demulder (Belgium) #jandemulder
– Mikal Johansen (Denmark) #mikaljohansen
– Partyk Smolarek (Poland) #patryksmolarek
– René de Beer (The Netherlands) #renedebeer
– Egor Lutsenko (Russia) #egorlutsenko
– Daniel Pereira (Portugal) #danielpereira
– Sebastian Celleja (Malta) #sebastiancelleja
This year’s programme:
• Friday, July 15, 9pm: Welcome Party with the Official Opening, Welcome Show, ESC Karaoke and dancefloor
• Saturday, July 16: possibility to join guided tours through Berlin (11am, 2 pm); 7.30pm: Gala with OGAE-vision Song Contest; Sandra Reemer, Esther Hart, Zoë and Laura Pinski, after the Gala: Party for Everybody
• Sunday, July 17, 11 am: Dutch-German Eurovision brunch with Eurovision Quiz and special performances
The ticket for 36 € covers all events of the Eurovision Weekend, including the parties, the Gala, the brunch on Sunday and the touristic programme. Tickets can be purchased online (information on the homepage www.eurovision-weekend.de) or by registering via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and number of tickets. The complete programme, with the performing artists, and all additional event information can be found on the homepage http://www.eurovision-weekend.de or at the Facebook event http://www.facebook.com/events/989351481120050/