On Saturday, was held the Ukrainian national final for Junior Eurovision 2016: 12 acts competed with the hope of winning the golden ticket to represent their country in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2016.
- VoiceLand – Vidchyny svoie sertse – 7 points
- Diana Sapozhko – Tvii svit – 15 points
- Denys Rodin – Ukraina – mama moia – 15 points
- Yulia Radchuk, Moia zoria – 8 points
- Denys & Natalia – Iachekaiu svoho lysta – 8 points
- Alisa Panchuk – Pyisvoi mrii – 10 points
- Polina Dashkova – Do Boha – 10 points
- Anastasia Bahinska – Mii svit – 20 points
- Sofiia Lozina – Uhorskyi tanok – 11 points
- Sofia Rol – Planet craves for love – 23 points
- Andrey Boiko, Open your heart – 19 points
- Sofia Shkidchenko, Dolce vita – 12 points
At the end of the show, Sofia Rol triumphed with a total of 23 points and will represent Ukraine, in Malta, with her song ” Planet craves for love”. Anastasia Bahinska finished in second place, with 20 points and Andrey Boyko finished third with 19 points. Tonight’s winner was chosen by the televoters (50%) and a professional jury (50%).
Last year, in Sofia, Anna Trincher represented Ukraine in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2016, with her song ”Pochny z sebe”. She finished in 11th place, with 38 points. This year, the Junior Eurovision Song Contest will take place in the capital city of Malta, Valetta, on the afternoon of Sunday 20 November, after Destiny Chukunyere’s victory in Sofia, last year. Malta also hosted this contest back in 2014.
You can watch Sofia’s winning performance below!