It is tonight that will begin the search for the Irish Junior Eurovision entrant. TG4, the Irish broadcaster, announced that 8 participants will compete in the first semi-final of Junior Eurovision Eire:
- Hannah McNicholas Roche – “Titim as a Chéile”.
- Amy Meehan – “Tapaigh An Deis”.
- Walter McCabe – “Las Do Sholas”.
- Bernadette Royo – “Bean Sí”.
- Molly McCarthy – “Imithe Leis An Ghaoth”.
- Jael Katebe-Wini – “An Ghrá i do Chroí”.
- Cathal Gavin – “Seo hé Mo Ghlór”.
- Susie Power – “Popsicle”
The show will start at 8 pm and will be broadcasted on TG4. Only one of the 8 acts competing in tonight’s semi-final will qualify for the Final, which will air on November 6th. The judges Fiachna O Braonain and Paulien Scanlon will be joined by guest judges: this week, Jedward will complete the panel of judges. The two brothers represented Ireland twice in the Eurovision Song Contest (in 2011 and 2012). They finished in 19th place, with a total of 46 points, in 2012.
This year, the Junior Eurovision Song Contest will take place in the capital city of Malta, Valletta, on the afternoon of Sunday 20 November, after Destiny Chukunyere’s victory in Sofia, last year. Malta also hosted this contest back in 2014.
Last year, in Sofia, Aimee Banks represented Ireland and finished in 12th place, with a total of 36 points.