RTVSLO announces new rules for national final!
RTVSLO, the Slovenian broadcaster taking care of their Eurovision participation, have announced that their national selection EMA (Evrovizijska Melodija) is returning. However, this year with a radically different set of rules!
What is gonna happen is:
- There will be 2 semifinals + a final.
- 8 songs per semifinal, so 16 in total.
- The voting in the semifinals will be: jury + televoting, 4 songs qualify for the final (top 2 from televoting + 2 highest ranked songs in the jury vote that hadn’t qualified through televoting).
- So in the final we will have a total of 8 songs.
- The voting in the final will take place as following: 6 regional juries, which give 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 and 2 points each (a total of 252 points) + televoting (top 6 gets points: 6th gets 12 points, 5th 24, 4th 36 … winner 72 points, so a total of 252 points). So it will be a 50/50 mix of influence from both.
The dates for the national final have not been announced yet.
In 2016 ManuElla participated for Slovenia with Blue and Red but didn’t make the final:
Will the new set-up see Slovenia’s fortune turn?