This morning the BBC have been gradually revealing the 6 songs shortlisted to be the United Kingdom’s entry at the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 during Ken Bruce’s show on BBC Radio 2
The entries are :
- Olivia Garcia – “Freedom Hearts” written by Gabriel Alares, Sebasian Lestapier, Linnea Nelson, Laurell Barker
- Holly Brewer – “I Wish I Loved You More” written by Kevin Fisher, Courtney Harrell, Laurell Barker, Mattias Frändå , Johan Åsgärde, Oliver Lundström
- Lucie Jones – “Never Give Up On You” written by The Treatment, Emmelie De Forest, Lawrie Martin
- Danyl Johnson – “Light Up The World” written by Dan McAlister, Rick Blaskey, Greg Walker, Chris Sutherland, Ameerah Roelants
- Salena Mastroianni – “I Don’t Wanna Fight” written by The Treatment, Nicole Blair, Marli Harwood
- Nate Simpson – “What Are We Made Of” written by Jon Hällgren , Eric Lumiere, DWB
These 6 songs will be sung live on Friday 27th January during “Eurovision – You Decide” which is to be broadcast from the Eventim Apollo in Hammersmith, London, presented by Mel Giedroyc, with special guest performances from Alexander Rybak and The Vamps.
The public will be invited to vote on their favourite via telephone or online via www.bbc.co.uk/eurovision. There will also be a jury of 8 professionals (Including BrunoTonioli, Sophie Ellis-Bextor and CeCe Sammy) who will be responsible for 50% of the vote to decide who will be the UK’s entry in Kiev. The United Kingdom, being one of the “Big 5” have automatic qualification for the final on May 13th.
The live selection show can be watched in the UK on BBC Two from 1930 GMT and there will be a link for worldwide viewers to watch via Eurovision.tv
All the latest information from the BBC Eurovision team can be found here
Who is your favourite from the selection above? Vote in our poll and let us know which song is the best!