Tonight, was held in Iceland the first semi-final of Söngvakeppnin 2017, the Icelandic national selection for Eurovision 2017. Six acts competed with the hope of obtaining one of the three tickets for the Grand Final, which will take place in two weeks:
- Hildur – Bammbaramm
- Erna Mist – Skuggamynd
- Rakel Pálsdóttir & Arnar Jónsson – Til mín
- Júlí Heiðar Halldórsson & Þórdís Birna Borgarsdóttir – Heim til þín
- Rúnar Eff – Mér við hlið
- Aron Hannes – Nótt
At the end of the night, Runar Eff, Aron Hannes and Rakel Pálsdóttir & Arnar Jónsson qualified and will compete in the Final to win the chance to wave the Icelandic flag in Kiev, at Eurovision 2017.
Next week, in second semi-final six other acts will compete to obtain their ticket for the Final. Here is the line-up of the second semi-final:
- Aron Brink – Þú hefur dáleitt mig
- Daði Freyr Pétursson – Hvað með það?
- Svala – Ég veit það
- Páll Rósinkranz & Kristina Bærendsen – Þú og ég
- Linda Hartmanns – Ástfangin
- Sólveig Ásgeirsdóttir – Treystu á mig
Do you agree with the Icelandic public? Let us know in the comments below, or on our social media pages.