Tonight the second semi final of Songvakeppnin 2017 took place in Iceland and three acts progressed to join the three from last week in the final of the Icelandic selection. Six acts competed with the hope of making the grand final in Reyjavik next weekend but only 3 could progress:
- Aron Brink – Þú hefur dáleitt mig
- Daði Freyr Pétursson – Hvað með það?
- Svala Björgvinsdóttir – Ég veit það
- Páll Rósinkranz & Kristina Bærendsen – Þú og ég
- Linda Hartmanns – Ástfangin
- Sólveig Ásgeirsdóttir – Treystu á mig
By the end of the evening it was Aron, Daði and Svala who received the most votes from the public and will progress to join the winners from last week in the final of Songvakeppnin 2017. The judges also revealed their wildcard selection of Hildur from Semi 1 with the song Bammbaramm.
Next week the 7 finalists will compete for the chance to represent Iceland in Kyiv at the 61st Eurovision song contest in May. The 6 finalists are:
- Rakel Pálsdóttir & Arnar Jónsson
- Rúnar Eff
- Aron Hannes
- Svala Björgvinsdóttir
- Daði Freyr Pétursson
- Aron Brink
Do you agree with the Icelandic public’s selection, let us know either in our comments or on our social media pages.