Tonight, was held in Kiev, the capital city of Ukraine, the Grand Final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2017. 26 acts, from all over Europe, competed with the hope of winning the contest: 20 of them had obtained their ticket for the Final during one of the two semi-finals and the Big Five (France, Italy, Spain, Germany and the United Kingdom) and the host country, Ukraine, joined them in the Final as well.
The outcome of tonight’s show was decided by a jury (50%) and the televoters at home (50%).
At the end of the night, Salvador Sobral, from Portugal, triumphed with his song ”Amar Pelos Dois”, with a total of 758 points. The public and the jury both placed him first in their ranking. With 615 points, the young and very talented Bulgarian, Kristian Kostov, finished in second place, with his song ”Beautiful Mess”. The Sunstroke Project and their song ”Hey Mamma”, placed third, with a total 374 points.
Here is the top-10 of the Eurovision Song Contest 2017, following the results of tonight’s show:
- Salvador Sobral – Amar Pelos Dois (Portugal)
- Kristian Kostov – Beautiful Mess (Bulgaria)
- Sunstroke Project – Hey Mamma (Moldova)
- Blanche – City Lights (Belgium)
- Robin Bengtsson – I can’t go on (Sweden)
- Francesco Gabbani – Occidentalis Karma (Italy)
- Ilinca and Alex Florea – Yodel it! (Romania)
- Joci Papai – Origo (Hungary)
- Isaiah – Don’t Come Easy (Australia)
- JOWST – Grab the Moment (Norway)
Following his victory, Salvador invited his sister, who composed the song, to join him on stage to perform ”Amar Pelos Dois” one last time. You can check out their winning performance right here:
It is the very first time that Portugal wins the Eurovision Song Contest, after 49 participations!
What do you think of the result? Do you like Salvador’s song? Let us know in the comment box below, or on our social media pages.