As we reported earlier, the Serbian national broadcaster RTS is once again organizing Beovizija in order to select the Serbian Eurovision entry. RTS has now extended the submission deadline until the 10th of November.
Today was supposed to be the deadline to enter a song for Beovizija 2018, but RTS decided to extend this deadline until the 10th of November. There was a similar situation with the deadline for submitting songs for the Junior Eurovision national selection, and the reason for both deadline extensions is unknown.
As a quick reminder, here are the rules you need to follow, should you wish to enter a song to Beovizija 2018 (apart from the standard Eurovision rules):
- both Serbian, and foreign authors can take part in the competition
- the artists themselves must be Serbian citizen
- the lyrics of the entered songs must be in one of the official languages in Serbia
- the authors should submit the finalized song and the master file, with the vocals of the performer who would perform the song in the competition, and the lyrics in three copies. RTS may suggest certain changes and additions to the composition to the authors, and suggest a change of the performer;
- all submissions must be signed with a code (provide the solution code in a closed envelope that will be an integral part of the submitted material at the competition). Authorship is proven by an identical copy of the recording / text of the composition;
- the songs selected by the selection committee will be publicly performed for the first time in the shows that will be realized by RTS.
All of those who wish to submit a song for Beovizija should do so until the 10th of November to the following postal address:
JMU, Radio-televizija Srbije
Zabavni program, Muzička redakcija
Takovska 10, 11000 Beograd
„Za Pesmu Evrovizije 2018”
The last time Serbia organized “Beovizija” was in 2009, when Marko Kon and Milaan won this selection with “Cipela”, and failed to qualify for the Grand Final in Moscow. The last time Serbia had a national selection was in 2015, which was won by Bojana Stamenov and her song “Ceo svet je moj” (performed in English at Eurovision as “Beauty Never Lies”), which brought Serbia a top 10 placing in Vienna.
Who would you like to see in Beovizija 2018, and who would you like to see representing Serbia in Lisbon? Let us know in the comments below.