Bulgaria opens search for 2018 entry!
A little over an hour ago, since 8:00 CET, BNT have opened the possibility to send submissions, songs in hopes to become the Bulgarian 2018 Eurovision entry!
Joana Levieva-Sawyer, Head of Delegation for Bulgaria opens the search by saying:
Once again we are looking for a charismatic artist, captivating song and effective stage concepts. We would like to be working together with the best professionals, so that we prove once again that Bulgaria is worthy part of the music landscape in Europe. With this kind of approach we had very good achievements in the last two years – the second place by Kristian Kostov and the fourth one by Poli Genova
It is very much like last year, where those interested where asked to deliver a complete plan for the entry, including the financial side of it. What BNT are asking for is:
Requirements for the producers:
– To have produced at least 3 projects during the last 2 years with a certain level of publicity
– To have a registered and licensed repertoire in PROFON
– Experience in artist and music event management would be an advantage
– The candidates are expected to provide a presentation of their activity and core team
Requirements for the songs:
– To comply with the general rules of Eurovision in terms of length and public availability after the respective deadline
– At least partial Bulgarian involvement in the team
– The following files should be submitted: .wav / .mp3 audio files and the lyrics of the song
Requirements for the performer:
– The main performer should be a Bulgarian citizen.
– The performer should comply with the general rules of Eurovision in terms of age
– To have a past stage experience and live performances
– To be presented with a short biography and links to multimedia content verifying and demonstrating his/her skills
Requirements for the stage concept:
– A brief description of the ideas for the stage presentation. Storyboards, visual renders, pictures, links to video files among others may be used to present the idea
– Information about the number of performers on stage, stage costumes, music instruments (if any), mood, dominating colours in the LED backdrop and the lights configuration
– Information about the creative team
However, what has changed compared to last year, is the so-called ”fast track” for composers. This means that songwriters are allowed to submit a demo only and BNT will make a catalogue of all demos and show them to interested producers so they can go and help out the songwriters. In the end, though, after the submission deadline of December 20, only finished products will be reviewed.
For more information, such as Frequently Asked Questions, visit bgsong.eu
Last year Bulgaria reached their highest placing in the contest ever, a second place, with Kristian Kostov singing ‘Beautiful Mess’: