RTVSLO have just revealed who will be competing in EMA 2018, the national selection that will be used to choose the Slovenian representative for the Eurovision Song Contest 2018.
I’ll leave the presentation to RTVSLO themselves as they’ve made a little introduction video in which all the contestants are announced:
So the full list is, with their songtitles and the translation of it in brackets:
- Anabel – Pozitiva (Positive)
- BQL – Ptica (Bird)
- Gregor Ravnik – Zdaj je čas (Now’s the Time)
- Ina Shai – V nebo (To the Sky)
- Indigo – Vesna (Autumn)
- King Foo – Žive sanje (Vivid Dreams)
- Lara Kadis – Zdaj sem tu (Now I’m Here)
- Lea Sirk – Cirque (Cirque)
- ManuElla – Dan Potem (The Day After)
- Marina Martensson – Blizu (Close)
- Mila – Svoboda (Freedom)
- Nika Zorjan – Uspavanka (Lullaby)
- Nuška Drašček – Ne zapusti me zdaj (Don’t Leave Me Now)
- Orter – Tisoč let (A Thousand Years)
- Proper – Ukraden cvet (Stolen Flower)
- Tanja Ribič – Ljudje (People)
Tanja Ribič and ManuElla are former EMA winners. ManuElla represented the country in 2016 in Stockholm with ‘Blue and Red’ and Tanja Ribič travelled to Dublin in 1997 with ‘Zbudi Se’ and secured a 10th place for Slovenia. BQL are also back after coming 2nd last year with ‘Heart of Gold’, which went on to become a huge hit in Slovenia!
Among those in the selection jury picking the songs were Eva Hren, Jernej Vene, Tadej Košir and Maja Keuc.
These acts will perform in a semi-final in February, held at RTVSLO’s Studio 1, and half of the songs will qualify to the final (4 chosen by a jury, 4 by the televoters). In the final the result will be determined 50/50 by the televoters on one side and the juries on the other side. There will be 6 juries in total: a singers’ jury, a composers’ jury, a radio jury, a TV jury, an OGAE Slovenia jury and an international jury. Each jury will give out 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 points, making it 252 points in total. The televoting will give out 12, 24, 36, 48, 60 and 72 points, also 252 points.
The dates for the semi-final and final will be revealed at a later stage.