A Dal 2018 kicks off tonight, where 10 acts are going to compete for the six places in the semi final. Here is how tonight’s show works, and how you can interact:
The four member jury (Karoly Frenreisz, Misi Mezo, Judit Schell, and Miklos Both) will evaluate each and every of the songs and performances, by marking them from 1 to 10. Viewers from all over the world who download the A Dal 2018 app for free from their app store will be able to mark all the songs as well as they are being performed (completely free of charge). The average mark will then be added to the jury score. Based on the overall results of the four jurors + app vote, the top five acts will qualify for the semi final. The remaining five acts will face a round of televoting, where a single act which received the most votes via app and/or SMS will advance to the semi final.
In the past couple of days we ran a poll asking you which songs you would like to see qualify for the semi finals of A Dal 2018, and with over 1,200 votes received, here are the current results:
- Gabi Knoll – Nobody To Die For – 19.97%
- Tamas Vastag – Ne hagyj remenyt – 17.52%
- Viktor Kiraly – Budapest Girl – 15.48%
- Patikadomb – Jo szelet! – 11.49%
- Ceasefire X – Satellites – 11.41%
- Leander Kills – Nem szol harang – 9.45%
- Living Room – Kirakat elet – 5.62%
- Fourtissimo – Kisnyuszi a kalapban – 4.40%
- Noemo – Levegot! – 4.24%
- Zsolt Sule – Zold a majus – 0.41%
Our editors panel have also listened to the 10 songs which are competing tonight, and voted for them. This is our outcome:
- Gabi Knoll – Nobody To Die For
- Tamas Vastag – Ne hagyj remenyt
- Patikadomb – Jo szelet!
- Ceasefire X – Satellites
- Living Room – Kirakat elet
- Viktor Kiraly – Budapest Girl
- Leander Kills – Nem szol harang
- Noemo – Levegot!
- Zsolt Sule – Zold a majus
- Fourtissimo – Kisnyuszi a kalapban
Our editors and our readers agree on five qualifiers – Gabi Knoll, Tamas Vastag, Viktor Kiraly, Patikadomb and Ceasefire X. Whilst our readers have Leander Kills as a qualifier, our editors prefer Living Room. Noemo, Fourtissimo, and Zsolt Sule failed to impress both our readers and our editors.
Tonight’s show will start at 20:30 CET, and a live broadcast will be available through MTVA’s official website here. After the show, ESCBubble will bring you exclusive interviews with the qualifiers, as per usual.
Also, you can still vote in our poll if you haven’t done so until now, and you can still change the result of our poll, which will end as the show ends tonight. Vote for your personal favorites that you would like to see proceed to the semi finals: