These are the six hopefuls for Switzerland!
Early in the (European) morning the Swiss have announced the contestants for their national final ”Eurovision Song Contest 2018 – Entscheidungsshow”.
A jury of 20 people, that was a mix of people from the music and media industry, Eurovision fans and casual viewers have first chosen what they think were the six best songs out of the submissions. Then, in a second round, it was decided what singers would be the perfect fit for these songs.
The result of that is (with in brackets the composers and lyricists):
- Zibbz – Stones (Laurel Barker, Co Gfeller and Stee Gfeller)
- Angie Ott – A Thousand Times (Jonas Gladnikoff, Sara Ljunggren and Glen Vella)
- Naeman – Kiss Me (Kate Northrop, Eric Lumiere, Ken Berglund and Alejandro Reyes)
- Chiara Dubey – Secrets and Lies (Janie Price, Jeroen Swinnen, Darcy Proper, Sally Herbert and Chiara Dubey)
- Alejandro Reyes – Compass (Laurel Barker, Lars Christen and Alejandro Reyes)
- Vanessa Iraci – Redlights (Borislav Milanov, Joacim Bo Persson, Johan Alkenäs, Jessica Ashley Karpov, Jesse Saint John)
And here they are in full glory for you to listen to:
Zibbz – Stones
Angie Ott – A Thousand Times
Naeman – Kiss Me
Chiara Dubey – Secrets and Lies
Alejandro Reyes – Compass
Vanessa Iraci – Redlights
Now these six hopefuls will comepete on Sunday February 4 in the TV studios in Zürich in a live final hosted by Sven Epiney, this production being a joint effort between the broadcasters SRF, RTS, RSI and RTR. The winner will be decided by 50% televoting and 50% the votes from an international jury.
What do you think of these songs and do you have a favourite you wanna see in Portugal in May already? Let us know your favorites by voting in our poll here: