Latvia’s national selection “Supernova 2018” is taking place tonight in Riga, where a total of eight acts are going to compete to be the successor of Triana Park, and go on to represent Latvia at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest in Portugal.
In the past couple of days, we ran a poll asking you to vote for your personal favorite, the song that you would like to see winning Supernova and representing Latvia in Lisbon. With over 500 votes received, here are the current results:
- Laura Rizzotto – Funny Girl – 26.33%
- Markus Riva – This Time – 24.36%
- Madara – Esamiba – 16.50%
- Liene Greifāne – Walk The Talk – 11.59%
- Edgars Kreilis – Younger Days – 8.64%
- Sudden Lights – Just Fine – 6.48%
- Lauris Valters – Lovers Bliss – 5.11%
- Ritvars – Who’s Counting? – 0.98%
Our editors have also listened to the eight songs competing in tonight’s show and have voted for their favorites. Here is the outcome:
- Laura Rizzotto – Funny Girl
- Edgars Kreilis – Younger Days
- Markus Riva – This Time
- Madara – Esamiba
- Liene Greifane – Walk The Talk
- Sudden Lights – Just Fine
- Lauris Valters – Lovers Bliss
- Ritvars – Who’s Counting?
Both our readers and our editors agree that tonight’s show should be all about Laura Rizzotto and her song “Funny Girl”. Our readers think that Markus Riva should give her a good run for her money, whilst our editors think that Edgars Kreilis could be close to winning tonight. Sudden Lights, Lauris Valters and Ritvars ended up on the bottom in both results.
Our poll will close at the end of tonight’s show, so you can still cast your vote for your personal favorite of the eight acts, and perhaps change the result of our poll: